Bosendorfer > Company Info
Bosendorfer Company Info
On 25 July 1828, Ignaz Bösendorfer was issued the trade license number 225 669, and with it the right to take up residence in Vienna, to manufacture pianos, and to pay taxes. This sober award marks the beginning of a great and glorious history of a piano house that has not only been closely linked with Vienna's musical development throughout the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries, but has also been the sole piano maker to continuously uphold the Viennese piano making tradition, continuously developing and refining it to the present day.
At the heart of Bösendorfer's new direction is a marketing concept that incorporates the changing national and international environment. Against a backdrop of differentiation and globalisation trends in the economy, Bösendorfer has succeeded in expanding its market share and acquiring new markets with its newly defined corporate identity and corporate design. This has been achieved by launching new products, especially the Institutional CS Series, Special and Limited Editions as well as the new Concert Grand 280 model.
The core concepts of Bösendorfer's philosophy are now being applied to the Audio Industry and have already produced successful results.
This new direction is being implemented at all levels of the company and covers the areas of product development, the introduction of a modern computer system, the renovation of the company's historic Head Office building as well as a new event and artist support concept.